Y10 – Salt and Light – Matthew 5: 13-16
Key Words: Kingdom Building, Witnesses, Evangelism, Light
- How is verse 16 the key to how Jesus intends we understand the metaphors in this passage?
- What kind of good deeds do you suppose cause others to praise our Father in heaven?
- Describe someone you know who has this effect on others.
- Salt preserves, flavors and causes thirst; which of these effects do you think Jesus was referring to?
- Do you agree with the following statement: darkness begets darkness and light begets light?
- Describe deeds of darkness. Describe deeds of light.
- Is the light of which Jesus speaks the gospel, love, mercy, grace, truth, or something else?
- How do we know from this passage that light definitely has a moral or active component?
- How do we know from scripture that light also speaks of truth and the gospel (See John 1 and John 8:12)?
- How are the gospel and the ethics of the gospel merged in the life of an individual?
- What exactly does it mean to lead others to the light?
- The insight is found in scripture; questions are simply tools to mine the ore