Y2 – He Carried our Sin – Isaiah 53
Key Words: Kingdom Building, Sin, Cross, Jesus Sacrifice, Judgment, Salvation
- Who is this prophecy speaking about?
- How does it strike you that this passage was written hundreds of years before Jesus?
- What event is the passage describing?
- What words does the text use to describe the guilt those being saved?
- According to the text, what is the fate of these people?
- Why does the text indicate they are deserving of judgment?
- Do you believe that everyone is guilty of turning away from God at one time or another as verse 6 indicates?
- Is judgment still being expressed and is justice being done?
- Who carries the punishment for the people?
- What does the text say is the result of this act?
- What is the benefit for the people?
- What happens is no intercession is made?
- How do the people stand before God?
- How would you describe God’s feelings towards us based on this passage?
- Approach God’s Word with humility, honesty and teachability