Inductive Bible Study Questions
to be used with individual Key Scriptures
- What is the primary point of this passage?
- How does this passage challenge us?
- How does this passage comfort or encourage us?
- What does this passage teach us about God?
- What spiritual insights are found in this passage?
- What are the personal & spiritual implications of this text?
- What does this passage ask or require of us?
Key Scriptures Bible Study
to be used when studying all Key Scriptures together
- Did any of the scriptures given surprise you? Explain
- Did any of the scriptures given confuse you? Explain
- Did any of the scriptures given comfort or excite you?
- How would you sum up these scriptures to another?
- What implications do these scriptures have for our lives?
- Which of these scriptures would you find it valuable to memorize?
- Sit down and make an exhaustive list of the various blessings and resources you have in your life: possessions, abilities, relationships, spiritual realities, etc… Go through the list and examine how each one is given to you by the grace of God. Spend time thanking God for gift he has given you.
- Once you have examined the various graces you have received, make a list of 10 ways you can pass on the grace given to you. Discuss with your coach. Ask your coach to hold you accountable for implementing these in your life.
- Using a computer based concordance find all of the times in scripture where grace is contrasted with law or works. Examine the similarity to these passages and what each individual passage adds to your understanding of the text. Discuss with your coach.
- Christians are good at being saved by grace, but not so good at living by grace. Make a list of at least 10 implications of grace in your daily life? Discuss with your coach.
- Look at the beginning and end of all the New Testament books starting with Romans noting how many start and end with salutations and benedictions of grace. You should find a total of 31 different entries encompassing nearly every single book. Examine each of these verses. Reflect on the significance of the writings of nearly every New Testament book being sandwiched with exhortations of grace. Meditate on this incredible reality. Discuss with your coach.
- What’s So Amazing About Grace? by Phillip Yancy
- Healing Grace – David Seamands
- Accidental Pharisees – Larry Osborne
- 10 Dumb Things Smart Christians Believe – Larry Osborne
- The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennen Manning
- Chosen but Free by Norman Geisler
- The Explicit Gospel by Matt Chandler
- Toxic Faith by Stephen Arterburn and Jack Felton
- Radical Forgiveness: God’s Call to Unconditional Love – Brian Zahnd
- Grace: More Than We Deserve, Greater Than We Imagine – Max Lucado
- The Case for Grace – Lee Strobel