Jesus Offers Life
Y5 – The Good News of the Kingdom – Matthew 9: 35-38
Key Words: Kingdom Building, Good News, Kingdom of God, Jesus King, Religion
- What is the good news of the Kingdom of God?
- What is the Kingdom of God (See Matthew 6:10)?
- How is it that Jesus could definitely say the kingdom has come upon them?
- How and why is Jesus (Hint… Jesus is the king) able to enact God’s will and usher in his kingdom?
- What proof does God give that Jesus is able to manifest God’s will: his love, grace, peace, mercy and grace?
- If Jesus uses the terms ‘sheep’ and ‘shepherd’ in a religious context, how does he describe the people’s religious leadership and subsequent relationship with God?
- Why would his message have been considered good news to the people?
- Why is Jesus and his message such a breath of fresh air?
- Do you believe the message of Jesus and his kingdom is good news today?
- Why does the logic flow of the passage naturally lead to Jesus calling others to share this good news?
- Why do some people believe that Jesus and his kingdom are real, but never tell anyone or make any effort to build the kingdom?
- Create your own study by adding and subtracting questions as needed