Y6 – Sheep of the Good Shepherd – John 10: 1-18
Key Words: Kingdom Building, Dependence, Following Jesus, Spiritual Life, God’s People
- Why does Jesus call his people sheep when some view sheep as a derogatory term?
- Is this a statement about the nature of people or about the relationship he desires to have with his people (See Psalm 23)?
- How does this image of the Good Shepherd support the macro narrative of scripture: “I will be your God, you will be my people?”
- List the various ways this passage describes how Jesus feels about his sheep?
- What is Jesus referring to in verse 11 when he says he lays down his life for his sheep?
- What is Jesus referring to in verse 17 when he says that he not only lays down his life, but takes it up again?
- What does the text indicate is the benefit of being part of Christ’s flock?
- What does “life to the full” mean to you?
- How does the text indicate we become part of Christs flock?
- What do verses 1 and 9 indicate about those who are not of Christ’s flock?
- Your questions are probably better than mine