F13 – The Good News of the Kingdom– Luke 4: 18-19
Key Words: Kingdom of God, Ministry, Service, Works, Hope, Church, Religion
- How does Jesus define his ministry?
- Who does Jesus indicate he came to help?
- Does it surprise you that Jesus was interested in such people… explain?
- According to this passage, what are the qualities of Christ’s ministry, and subsequently, his kingdom?
- Read Luke 7: 20-23.
- What signs does Jesus give to John that he expects will validate his identity and ministry as the Messiah?
- How is the message of Jesus different than the typical message of religion?
- How is the Kingdom of God unique among religious systems?
- As his body (See 1 Corinthians 12), should our ministry not also reflect his ministry?
- What then should the ministry of the body of Christ look like?
- How does this ministry build the Kingdom of God?
- There are no greater tools for effective Bible study than humility, honesty, and diligence