F2 – Seeking God’s Kingdom – Matthew 6:33
Key Words: Kingdom of God, Victory, Righteousness, Spirituality
- Read the entire Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7). Would you consider this verse to be the key verse for the Sermon on the Mount… explain?
- What is the significance of these two themes: the kingdom and righteousness?
- If God’s kingdom is where God is King and his will is done, and righteousness means right relationships (think Great Commandment… Matthew 22: 37-40), what do these two themes have in common?
- What do you suppose “all these things” refers to? Do you believe this passage, like the Great Commandment, is a summary of authentic spirituality… explain?
- How well do Christians today understand this ethic as a basis for spirituality?
- How does this passage challenge your current understanding of spirituality?
- Approach all scripture prayerfully open