The Nature of the Kingdom of God
F1 – Defining God’s Kingdom – Matthew 6:10
Key Words: Kingdom of God, Prayer, Victory, Power, Heaven, Sermon on the Mount
- If the theme of the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7) is living in the Kingdom of God, how is this verse key in understanding the kingdom?
- According to the verse, where does God’s kingdom always exist?
- Where can it possibly come?
- Under what conditions does God’s kingdom come?
- How then do we bring God’s kingdom to earth: to our world, our community, our family, or our lives?
- Do you agree with the following definition of God’s kingdom… ‘God’s Kingdom is where God is King and his will is done’… explain?
- Describe heaven. Why is heaven so wonderful?
- Why is heaven a perfect expression of the kingdom?
- What are the benefits of God’s kingdom on earth?
- What are the consequences of not seeking God and his kingdom?
- Why must we both pray for and seek God’s kingdom on earth?
- Approach God’s Word with humility, honesty and teachability