B21 – A People Belonging to God – 1 Peter 2: 9-12
Key Words: Salvation, Mercy, God’s People, Sin, Priesthood of Believers
- What are the four different ways God describes his people in verse 9?
- What is the nature and significance of each: a chosen people… a royal priesthood… a holy nation… a people belonging to God?
- Why are we saved… what does God know we can become?
- In what way do we receive mercy? …
- Look at 1 Peter 2:24. Is verse 24 a reference to Isaiah 53?
- What light does Isaiah 53 shed on the nature of the people Peter is describing in this passage?
- How does this passage in first people further instruct us regarding the biblical mantra ‘I will be your God and you will be my people?’
- Remember there are other learning and scripture studies in the Growing Exercises section